Well, I sewed one!
It is gorgeous! I got it from Sew Magazine issue 41 (I recommend this magazine!!). It is a pretty "little girl's" dress. You know, in the traditional way, gathered skirts, below knee length, pretty buttons etc. The next version I will sew also has gathered sleeves.
I used new techniques (to me) in this make. I successfully made and used my own bias binding tape (have made it before, but it was NOT successful!). I gathered the skirt (a lot!) to the bodice - I can't believe how much fabric is in the skirt!
The bodice is lined as the fabric is quite thin (I didn't bother with the skirt, and I think that was the right decision). And I actually loved adding the detail on the front - I normally hate things like that...I just want to get making. But I am so glad I did, it really adds to this dress.
(And aren't those buttons a perfect match?!)
I had a problem with the pattern, the bodice front was way too big, and far too high at the neck - I have had to adjust the neckline (lots of unpicking, remaking, sewing in darts etc) so fitting was a problem. I think, this was because I cut out late at night and ended up using the back bodice piece as my template for the front of the bodice. I have cut out the pattern in the bigger size (VERY carefully) and shall sew that together for my eldest daughter and see whether it is me, or the pattern!
The pattern/fitting issues I had and being unable to do the zip has resulted in a finish that I am not quite happy with but...she loves it though :) It makes it all worthwhile.
My next one will be even better!