Saturday, 16 March 2013

Rapunzel update

After much procrastination I finally sewed a bit of the Rapunzel dress. It is not quite finished...there is still ribbon to add to the front and the back needs finishing and Velcro needs to be added (and the skirt!)

I am happy with it so far, I used loads of pins...I NEVER pin! And that has stopped me having to swear because the material is slipping!

The tutorial I am following uses a serger (which I don't own) and my inside seams are pretty messy. I think, once I have made it all, I will use bias binding and bind all the seams. This will look neater and should stop my big Little girl from getting irritated.

I am working this weekend, but I may get some sewing done this evening. I wanna get this finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment