Wednesday 10 April 2013

The Great British Sewing Bee

So, have you been watching it? I have, and I love it - it makes me a bit sad every time the episode finishes! I found a blog too - it is from Tilly (contestant to leave in episode 2) www.tillyandthebuttons.com, full of helpful tips, patterns and a lovely read :)

Anywho...I have been watching the sewers (or is it sewists), and have decided that I probably don't iron enough. For those of you who know me in real-life, you will know I don't iron. But as my sewing has progressed I have come to appreciate the difference that ironing makes to one of my sewn goodies.

On the Great British Sewing Bee the contestants iron...a lot. I think that this is to help flat fabric to curve nicely round the body when the item is sewn. I have promised myself that I will sew more clothes for me and my family (including my husband who I rarely sew for!)...I think that I am going to have to get myself a tailor's ham (is that right?!) to ensure that my sewn clothes fit beautifully!

Any ironing tips for me?

1 comment: