Monday 4 February 2013

Finished wallet

Yay - so I finished the wallet that I cut out. I used this tutorial. I found the tutorial fine to follow...although the zipped pocket bit was tricky to understand (not the tutorials fault...it is a process that is difficult to explain. But if you do as she says then you will be fine!



I am annoyed that I didn't manage to sew the snap closure on straight...I tried really hard - but it must have moved. I did break a needle because the layers were so thick

 
 
Still loving my labels...although I have to be careful when I sew them on as they are so narrow!
 This is my favourite part - a fully lined and tidy zipped pocket...rather proud of this feature!
You may also notice that I didn't sew straight down the middle of the credit card slots either.

The only change I made was to add some extra thick interfacing on the outer layer as the wallet was a bit floppy...I could probably have used some iron on stuff too - the fabric I used doesn't have enough structure to it.

Overall I am happy with how this turned out (it is going to be another birthday present!). I am glad that I was able to re-use the fabric from the raincoat (a project that I was never really happy with).

Am, now hoping to use the zipped pocket technique to make a nappy wallet with an opening so the wipes can be accessed from the top without having to remove them from the wallet. Does that make sense? It won't have a zip...but it will be a square opening in the middle of a square pocket. Clear as mud hey? It will become clear when I have made it...I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment