Tuesday 12 February 2013

Does this make more sense?

Nappy Wrap


Do you remember, in the post about the wallet, I mentioned that I was going to make a nappy wrap using the same (or at least similar) technique that I used for the lined zipper pocket? Well, I have only gone and done it!

 The nappy wrap when it is shut. Am annoyed about the stitching around the Velcro. I had hidden the back side of the stitching inside the strap. I did a final check before top stitching the nappy wrap and I had attached the strap the wrong way (with the Velcro on the wrong side) so I had to re-sew it :(
 
 This is where I used the technique from the lined zipper pocket (obviously without the zip!). I sewed the material piece right sides together. Sewed around the rectangle for the lid of the wipes. Cut the hole in the middle, turned right side out and top stitched around the edges.
 
Wipes on one side and nappies on the other.
 
I hope that my friend will find this helpful (and pretty). I think it should be useful...when you don't want to lug a whole nappy bag around - this nappy wrap will keep nappies and wipe tidily inside a smaller bag (well, that's the plan anyway!)
 
As this was my own design (I KNOW SHOCKING!) I may do a tutorial...although I will need to need to make another one so that I can take all the pictures!

1 comment: