Thursday 24 October 2013

Plans....

Ok, definitely going to be making dolls for the girls for Christmas. Rapunzel style for the older girl (hopefully I have enough left over from the Rapunzel dress I made for her birthday - check out the previous post).

I am going to use felt for the face, arms and feet (as Rapunzel is barefooted - at least in "Tangled"). I chose felt as it came in the colour I am happy with (and the fabric I really wanted was £12.50 a metre...I couldn't justify that for a doll!). I have chosen a pale purple fabric for the 'vest' and 'tights' - although I may go for something stripey!

For the Littlest Little I am going to grab something ditzy and floral from the fabric stash - she has no preference for what type of doll she has! I am quite looking forward to having a bit of a play with my creativeness - what should the face look like? Should I do rosy felt cheeks? Oh the possibilities...

Have finally finished the big Roman Blind - pictures to follow. Unfortunately the small one was a smidge (literally 1cm) too wide...so I had to unpick all my hard work and re-hem :( BOO! I am hoping that they both fit now.... I have seen the curtains and I think they look great in-situ.

Halloween is drawing near...we don't celebrate it as such - but I wonder if any of you lot have great Halloween ideas? Do you make your own outfits?

No comments:

Post a Comment