Monday 14 October 2013

Isn't it amazing?

Since the last post I have purchased a new sewing cupboard (bargain at £10!) - I have painted it a lovely pastel shade of yellow. I think that it used to be an old computer desk/cupboard, but it is perfect for my sewing stash.

Sorry about the rubbish lighting - it was night time
It is organised, I promise!




















And what a difference it has made. I can lay my hand on any piece of fabric I own really easily (even found some that I had forgotten about!).

I can store my "to do" projects and access them as and when I decide to sew them.

It has certainly helped my motivation, it just makes the whole sewing experience soooo much easier.

I have sewn my first curtain - not for me. A MASSIVE patio door single curtain (I can see why curtains come in pairs - what a mission sewing that much fabric all in one go!). I have also sewn one small blind, of the roman variety and am now cutting and pinning (how much hemming?!) a larger version. I am really happy with the results - so much so that I want to sew all new curtains for every window in my own house!

Once again Christmas seems to be looming.

I have left it a bit late to do that mission of homemade gifts that I did last year. I am limiting myself to smaller gifts this year.


Requests from my children are a unicorn (see previous posts)
and a Rapunzel doll. I have done a bit of a Google search and think that I will use this tutorial and pattern. But instead of felt hair I will probably do long woollen locks so that they can be plaited and put into pony tails.

I was also considering making jam (my husband has found a surplus of plums in a garden of a house that he is working at) and giving them away...and perhaps some stewed apples.

What are you sewing for Christmas? Do you have a long list or do you limit your homemade goodies to close friends and family?

No comments:

Post a Comment