Monday 23 September 2013

Anyone seen it?

So it has been a while...

Various reasons for this - I went on holiday to see my Dad (in Spain). I had quite a bit of sewing to do before we went - dresses for the girls, a top for me. I didn't really leave myself enough time to finish them and found it a bit stressful!

(cute huh? Matching dress and skirt!)

We had a great holiday, on the way to the airport my handbag got stolen. As we were on the way to the airport my handbag had EVERYTHING in it - passports, money, phone, sweets, prescription glasses, Tesco clubcard...everything!

Hubby had to catch the flight (he kept his own passport in a different bags) and the girls and I had to stay. Nightmare.

Thankfully Flybe (our airline) swopped the flight to another day at no extra charge. Unfortunately the form for my travel insurance (Debenhams) is complicated and I have yet to hear...

After 3 weeks of holiday (issues getting temporary travel documents, no flights everyday) I am finding it hard to get back into the swing of everyday life.

It has been 20 days now and I only just feel like I am getting into some sort of normality! Slow to adjust or what? I have some sewing to do (orders for various people), but, since I have been back I have done no sewing. I seem have lost my mojo.

Part of this reluctance is the fact that my fabric stash is a mess, I did sort it, but it sits in a big bag in the kitchen. This results in my having to turf out the bag every time I want fabric...which just messes up the pile again.

I have been looking at various storage options - I am hoping that getting organised will help me get back into the swing of sewing. Alternatively I probably just need to get on and do some - I know how much I love it.

What do you do to re-inspire yourself? Do you ever find yourself in a slump?

No comments:

Post a Comment