Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Glue-in Purse

I attempted a sew-in frame purse a while ago. It was ok...although I hate hand sewing and I was unhappy with the finished stitching that you could see on the lining on the inside of the bag.

Love this Tilda material
I love seeing the little stitches






















I used jersey material for the lining - maybe that is why the stitching is so obvious

I decided to have a go at a stick-in purse frame. After MUCH searching (they do not seem to be as common as the sew-in ones) I purchased a couple off eBay. My friend had a go at hers first. It was nice, but we felt that the frame wasn't inserted quite right. (Afraid I don't have any pictures of the failed purse as I have ripped it out and cleaned the frame in preparation for making a new one!)

I did some trawling of my favourite sewing blogs and came up with this tutorial. It was a lovely tutorial to follow. I did experience some problems...but I think this was due to the fact that my frame was much smaller than hers - and therefore, more fiddly (that is my excuse...and I am sticking to it). The next one, I will make a bit wider at the base - this one is only an inch and a half and doesn't really open very wide (fine for my small fingers...but perhaps not for everyone!).





 Overall, I am happy with the purse - I like the satiny lining. I can't wait to try the next one!


No comments:

Post a Comment